Reconstructive dentistry in Edmonton, AB resolves complex issues
The human mouth is an amazing biological creation comprised of soft and hard tissues, connective structures, nerves, and blood vessels. Each element affects bite, the relationship between the upper and lower arches of teeth. The entire mouth must be in balance for comfort and full function. When complex or multiple dental issues exist, reconstructive dentistry brings the mouth back to harmonious appearance and function. Edmonton, AB dentist, Dr. Jerome Caouette explains.
THE ROLE OF RECONSTRUCTIVE DENTISTRY
Reconstructive dentistry is a combination of procedures personalized to the needs of the patient. It may be completed in one visit with sedation, or treatments prioritized and phased in over time to suit the patient’s schedule and budget.
The goal is to address:
- Diseased gum tissue.
- Damaged teeth.
- Missing teeth.
- Worn out dental work.
- Congenital oral problems.
- Faulty bite.
- Jaw joint issues.
- Appearance concerns.
A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH
Dr. Caouette respects the uniqueness of your mouth with reconstructive dentistry treatment designed specifically for you. He begins with a thorough examination, analysis of dental issues, and an unhurried discussion of your concerns. Then he designs a plan to restore your ability to speak clearly, chew the foods you love, and smile with confidence.
Your full mouth reconstruction may include any of the following:
- Periodontal treatment – scaling and root planing or periodontal surgery (soft tissue grafting) to get gum disease under control.
- Dental restorations – fillings, inlays, onlays, and crowns.
- Dental implants, including hard tissue grafting if necessary, to replace missing teeth.
- Root canal therapy to avoid extraction.
- A night guard to reduce clenching and grinding.
- Aesthetic treatments – teeth whitening, dental bonding, veneers, and gum or crown recontouring.
There is never a one-size-fits-all approach to reconstructive dentistry at South Central Dentistry in Edmonton, AB. Call us at (780) 757-3723 for a treatment plan as unique as your smile.