Dr. Jerome Caouette
Dr. Caouette’s career began with working several years as a professional engineer. A strong desire to help others in a more creative field led to a shift to dentistry. In 1997, Dr. Caouette earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from University of Alberta. He gained a great deal of experience in those early days, practicing in Hinton and Peace River, before relocating to Edmonton in 2004.
While he enjoys all aspects of general dentistry, Dr. Caouette has a special interest in helping nervous patients get the dental care they need and deserve with gentle sedation. Dr. Caouette has additional training in this area, and became certified in in-office conscious sedation with inhaled nitrous oxide gas, oral (pill form) conscious sedation, and intravenous sedation, in 2006.
Dr. Caouette lives his commitment to service of others. In 1999 he joined Kindness in Action, and has made several trips to Honduras to volunteer his dental talents to residents of remote villages. In personal time, he enjoys biking, travelling, and exploring the river valley with his family.
In addition to ongoing continuing education, Dr. Caouette’s education and professional achievements include:
- 1996 – Undergraduate Orthodontic Scholarship
- 1997 – Memorial Scholarship, Dr. Cal Waddell
- 1997 – Memorial Scholarship, Dr. RR McIntyre
- 1997 – Honor Award, James McCutcheon
- 2000 – 2001 – Early Mixed Dentition Treatment and Straight Wire Orthodontics, Dr. Brock Rondeau Seminars
- 2005 – 2006 – Conscious IV Sedation Certification from University of Alberta
- 2006 – 2010 – Clinical Instructor at University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
- 2009 – Advanced Implantology course from School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Switzerland
He is a member of:
- Alberta Dental Association and College
- Alberta Dental Society of Anesthesiology-Board Member
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Canadian Dental Association
- Edmonton and District Dental Society